For many Americans, October means the start of scary stories and pumpkin patches. For Texans, however, this month marks the beginning of the Texas Revolution. If you think you know this period of Texas history, take our fun trivia quiz on Revolutionary-era leaders for a chance to win a signed copy of Laura Wilson’s Watt Matthews of Lambshead. The contest is open throughout the month of October, and the form will close at midnight on October 31. All perfect scores will be entered into a drawing, and the winner will be randomly selected. Use the online form below to submit your entry, and be sure to keep your eyes on your email inbox after the contest ends to see if you’ve won!Enter Now
"What I love most about Texas is the culture that has been shaped by the land and the people. A culture that has been wrought by a people with a fierce devotion to independence and an endless love for family and friends. People that have made peace with an unforgiving land. A land that can be cruel and harsh at midday, yet beautiful and calm at sunset; a land of mesquite thorns, a land of bluebonnets; a land of outlaws, and a land of heroes; a land of endless stories. This is what I love most about Texas."
- We’ll provide a short description of the Texas Revolution figure, and you’ll enter your guess in the boxes below
- Only one entry is permitted per person and no purchase is necessary
- Enter your name and a valid email address into the form below
- All participants who correctly answered all questions will be entered into a drawing and the winner will be selected at random
- Be sure to use an email address you frequently check, as the winner will be notified via email
This October, we are giving away a signed copy of Watt Matthews of Lambshead by Laura Wilson, but this is just one of many contests to come! Future contests will include prizes such as:
- Texas flags
- Texas art
- Texas maps
- And more!
This month’s contest runs from Sunday, October 1, 2017 to 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, October 31, 2017. You may enter at any time between these dates. The winner will be announced via email one week following the close of the contest.